Manufacturing Information Systems, Inc (MISys) introduced the integration of its MISys Manufacturing software with SOLIDWORKS 2015 3D CAD software.
"The new integration makes it easy to create items and Bills of Material in MISys Manufacturing software from a product design in SOLIDWORKS," said Dave Brown, CEO and President of MISys. "It will save customers an incredible amount of time and work when moving from design to production."
Feature Highlights in 6.2
- Added the functionality to import Assembled Items and associated Bills of Material and components from SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD software directly into the MISys Manufacturing Item Master.
New Features Available in 6.2
- In Company Options, created the tab "Engineering".- Created option for integration to either "None" or "SOLIDWORKS."
- Added ability to provide path to the location of SOLIDWORKS assembly files for import
- Added the ability to provide path to the location of SOLIDWORKS Bill of Material templates
- Created configurable logic in Company Options to handle duplicate item numbers on imports.
- Added a new submenu under File > import when Master Files > items (or BOM) for import of SOLIDWORKS Assemblies & Parts
- Added a 3 step import wizard to import SOLIDWORKS Assemblies & Parts- Select Assembly from list in SOLIDWORKS.
- Review and edit the MISys Bill of Materials before import.
- Import as MISys Manufacturing Items and BOMs.