Manufacturing Information Systems Inc. is the developer of MISys Manufacturing software.
MISys Inc. has been a leader in the manufacturing software industry for more than 25 years. The comprehensive MISys Manufacturing software integrates with the most widely used accounting programs to form best-of-breed solutions for small to medium-sized manufacturers. While the majority of the 8,000 software installations are in North America, MISys has customers throughout Africa, Australia and the Far East, a total of 52 countries. Software development, technical support, customer service and sales and marketing activities are all based in Woodstock, Vermont.
MISys maintains a close developer relationship with Intuit (the maker of QuickBooks) and Sage Software (the maker of Sage 50 US (formerly Peachtree), Sage 50 Canadian (formerly Simply Accounting) and Sage 300 ERP (formerly Accpac).
Manufacturing Information Systems, Inc.
217-4 Maxham Meadow Way # 2G
Woodstock, VT 05091
Manufacturing Information Systems, Inc. (MISys, Inc.) was formed in 1977 with the charter to provide PC-based solutions for small to medium sized manufacturers.
In the course of many installations, the company developed a nation-wide reputation for its in-depth knowledge of manufacturing and accounting. MISys continues to develop more sophisticated software specifically designed to serve small-medium sized manufacturing businesses with a powerful add-on to QuickBooks and Sage Accounting software.
- MISys, Inc. becomes 100% owned by an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- MISys Manufacturing adds QuickBooks Online integration.
- MISys Manufacturing Software received the ‘Awesome Application’ award by The Sleeter Group.
- MISys was awarded two "Partner of the Year" awards from Sage.
- MISys entered into an OEM relationship with Sage to supply the manufacturing add-on of choice for Sage Peachtree accounting, Sage Accpac accounting, and Sage Simply accounting.
- Received the Sleeter Award.
- MISys Manufacturing released.
- MISys Manufacturing identified as an "Awesome Add-on" for QuickBooks by the Sleeter Group at Sleeter's annual QuickBooks Partner Conference.
- MISys begins development of a new manufacturing system based on the proven functionality for the Accpac version (then called MISys SAE).
- Accpac product line sold to Sage Software. MISys Manufacturing promoted successfully to Sage resellers and consultants throughout North America, Australia, Africa, and the Pacific Rim.
- MISys releases MISys Level 3, which provided comprehensive Shop Floor Control functionality to those users who demanded MRP II capabilities.
- MISys releases MISys Level 2, revealing its multi-level approach to MRP software which appeals to less complex end-users with low-end Level 1 product and offered an attractive upgrade path to Level 2. MISys Level 2 maintained Manufacturing Orders Production and performed Master Production Scheduling and Material Requirements Planning (MRP I).
- .MISys receives the Developer Of The Year award from Accpac International.
- MISys starts development of the MISys Manufacturing System for Windows based on Accpac for Windows accounting from Accpac International.
- MISys adds Serial/Lot Tracking to the MISys/DOS Manufacturing System. This product allowed users to track the serial or lot numbers of raw materials and finished goods. MISys/DOS Serial/Lot Tracking and the extensive reporting capabilities of the MISys/DOS Manufacturing System allowed manufacturers to comply with many of the requirements of ISO 9000.
- MISys sold over 6,500 copies of the popular MISys/DOS Manufacturing System. This system was sold and supported through a network of 1,700 resellers and installers in 38 countries. Resellers purchased the products through MISys Inc's 18 distributors worldwide.
- MISys Manufacturing introduces a major new product called MISys/DOS Manufacturing Scheduling which added full MRP/MPS capabilities to MISys/DOS Manufacturing Inventory. Using an innovative interactive approach to Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and Master Production Scheduling (MPS), MISys Manufacturing software provided small- to medium-sized manufacturing firms with tools that were previously available only in complex and expensive minicomputer-based products.
- MISys moves its corporate offices away from the Massachusetts minicomputer beltway to the Green Mountains of Vermont where it performs all of its software development, technical writing, production, training, sales, and support.
- MISys released its first version of MISys/DOS Manufacturing Inventory which provided multi-level bills of material, inventory control of raw materials and resources, and integrated purchasing capabilities.
- Manufacturing Information Systems, Inc. (dba MISys, Inc.) was formed in 1977 with the charter to provide PC-based solutions to users who were not technically involved with their computers. In the course of many successful installations, the company developed a nation-wide reputation for its in-depth knowledge of business accounting applications, particularly in the area of manufacturing.