Director of Software Development
Innovate and transform an industry-leading software application to meet the evolving needs of manufacturers. Lead a talented development team in publishing regular updates and new features. Work in Woodstock, Vermont, an iconic village in the Green Mountains, just 20 miles from Killington to the west and 20 miles to Dartmouth College to the east. Free parking for mountain bikes.
Yes, you could work part of the time from a home office. But we’d really like to see you as much as possible.
This position requires extensive project management and general managerial experience including:
- Researching and documenting possible product functional enhancements
- Researching applicable new technologies to define the product architecture
- Planning and achieving development objectives
- Directing and motivating other developers on the team to achieve the objectives
- Interfacing with managers of other departments to define and execute a corporate team strategy
Technical skills including:
- Client-Server development on Microsoft Windows platforms
- Object-oriented programming practices
- Microsoft .NET technology for both Windows Desktop and web applications including:
- VB.NET and C#
- ASP.NET, ADO.NET
- HTML, CSS
- REST/Web Services and web security practices using WebAPI
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge of cloud-based application development and the Microsoft Azure platform is a plus
MISys, Inc. is a software development company headquartered in Woodstock, Vermont that has evolved from an MS DOS application stored on floppy discs to a web application running in an internet browser. Our mission is to develop software to help manufacturers thrive. MISys Manufacturing software is designed for small and medium sized businesses to manage inventory, production and planning with advanced functionality for MRP, serial/lot tracking and shop floor control – critical to manufacturers but not found in accounting software like QuickBooks. An employee owned company, MISys is committed to continuously improving its products and its people.
MISys, Inc. provides a competitive benefits package including heath insurance, short-term disability, paid vacation and holidays, personal days & medical leave. MISys also provides a supportive work environment and is committed to nurturing a strong culture of Corporate Giving.
Please email email@example.com. Attach your resume and include a brief note about yourself. Thank you for considering a career at MISys Inc.