MISys Manufacturing software offers all the functionality a small to medium-sized Sage 50 Canadian Edition manufacturing firm needs today.
When "good enough" isn't good enough, you need better. MISys Manufacturing software transforms Sage 50 - Simply Accounting into an Industrial-Strength Manufacturing System.
Here are the top 10 reasons why manufacturers add MISys Manufacturing software:
- Track inventory in work-in-process. Other systems help you maintain an inventory. MISys is designed to help you maintain NO inventory. Like other inventory systems, MISys can tell you what you have in stock and where its located. For MISys Manufacturing customers, that's not enough. Our customers enjoy a typical savings of 25% in inventory and associated carrying costs (like insurance, floor space, physical management, etc.) because MISys has the ability to order only what you need, when you need it.
- Link multiple suppliers to a single inventory item
- Track serialized components
- Explode multi-level bills of material
- Track BOM revisions
- Track job costs for manufacturing jobs
- Use Standard Costing for inventory
- Schedule production effectively to meet customer deadlines
- Schedule purchasing to buy only what is needed, WHEN it is needed.
- Track production on the shop floor.
How Does it Work?
Use Simply to manage the "front of the house", everything that is customer-facing: customer records, sales orders, sales inventory, accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, etc. Use MISys Manufacturing software to manage the "back of the house," everything related to manufacturing: bills of material, raw material inventory, production scheduling, purchasing, etc. MISys maintains a subledger of all of the manufacturing costs and syncs with Simply. The transactions are fully auditable and are done automatically - no double data entry is required.
MISys Manufacturing software is a modular system. Start with the Basic Manufacturing Module and add functionality when you need it:
- Advanced Purchasing - Analyze material shortages and automatically create all of the purchase orders needed to replenish inventory.
- Advanced Production - Predict the cost of every job and track performance as manufacturing orders for standard assemblies or special one-off items move through the shop.
- Material Requirements Planning - Determine purchasing and production needs by analyzing current inventory, open orders and sales orders to spot impending shortages and respond by creating purchase and production orders.
- Shop Floor Control - Accurately predict production costs based on estimated material, labor, and overhead, and then analyze the actual production costs.
- Serial/Lot Tracking - Track serial or lot numbers throughout the entire purchasing and production process to comply with strict regulatory agency requirements, including FDA and FAA.
- Bin Tracking - Maintain a unique inventory sub-location for every item or assembly as raw materials, sub-assemblies, or finished goods in specific containers.
- Labor Tracking - Track the elapsed time production workers spend on selected Jobs and Manufacturing Orders and automatically post to the Manufacturing Order.
- Bar Coding - Print and collect bar coded data with hardware and software provided by MISys to seamlessly integrate with inventory control functions.
- Custom Reporting - If your needs are modest and your expertise is limited, then you can use MISys Query to create a quick report without having to learn about relational databases.
- Mobile Alerts - Send critical alerts to smart phones or any mobile device capable of receiving wireless email messages.
Built-in Power and Scalability
For maximum performance and scalability, MISys Manufacturing is built on the Microsoft SQL database engine, a 5-user version of which is included in the purchase price. For larger firms, MISys Manufacturing supports hundreds of concurrent users on Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and other ANSI-compliant SQL databases.