MISys Manufacturing software offers all the functionality a small to medium-sized Sage 50 Canadian Edition manufacturing firm needs today.
When "good enough" isn't good enough, you need better. MISys Manufacturing software transforms Sage 50 - Simply Accounting into an Industrial-Strength Manufacturing System.
Here are the top 10 reasons why manufacturers add MISys Manufacturing software:
- Track inventory in work-in-process. Other systems will help track your inventory. MISys is designed to help control your inventory. Our customers enjoy a typical savings of 25-50% in inventory and associated carrying costs (like insurance, floor space, physical management, etc.) because MISys has the ability to:
- Forecast inventory based on history, lead times, vendor performance.
- Maintain accurate minimum order levels for "just in case" scenarios.
- Let the system order only what you need, when you need it.
- Link multiple suppliers to a single inventory item
- Track serialized components
- Explode multi-level bills of material
- Track BOM revisions
- Track job costs for manufacturing jobs
- Use Standard Costing for inventory
- Schedule production effectively to meet customer deadlines
- Schedule purchasing to buy only what is needed, WHEN it is needed.
- Track production on the shop floor.
Request a Private Demo
Don't leave your questions on the table. Let us walk through the process in detail together. Ask questions and get answers. Request a private demo today.
How Does it Work?
Use Simply to manage the "front of the house", everything that is customer-facing: customer records, sales orders, sales inventory, accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, etc. Use MISys Manufacturing software to manage the "back of the house," everything related to manufacturing: bills of material, raw material inventory, production scheduling, purchasing, etc. MISys maintains a subledger of all of the manufacturing costs and syncs with Simply. The transactions are fully auditable and are done automatically - no double data entry is required.
MISys Manufacturing software is a modular system. Start with the Basic Manufacturing Module and add functionality when you need it:
- Basic Manufacturing
This is the comprehensive building block for the modular MISys Manufacturing system. Control Sage 50 Canadian Edition inventory levels of raw material and WIP, use multi-level bills of material, revise BOM's, conduct physical inventory cycle counting, and process production work orders.
- Advanced Purchasing - Analyze material shortages and automatically create all of the purchase orders needed to replenish inventory.
- Advanced Production - Predict the cost of every job and track performance as manufacturing orders for standard assemblies or special one-off items move through the shop.
- Material Requirements Planning - Determine purchasing and production needs by analyzing current inventory, open orders and sales orders to spot impending shortages and respond by creating purchase and production orders.
- Shop Floor Control - Accurately predict production costs based on estimated material, labor, and overhead, and then analyze the actual production costs.
- Serial/Lot Tracking - Track serial or lot numbers throughout the entire purchasing and production process to comply with strict regulatory agency requirements, including FDA and FAA.
- Bin Tracking - Maintain a unique inventory sub-location for every item or assembly as raw materials, sub-assemblies, or finished goods in specific containers.
- Labor Tracking - Track the elapsed time production workers spend on selected Jobs and Manufacturing Orders and automatically post to the Manufacturing Order.
- Bar Coding - Print and collect bar coded data with hardware and software provided by MISys to seamlessly integrate with inventory control functions.
- Mobile Alerts - Send critical alerts to smart phones or any mobile device capable of receiving wireless email messages.
- MISys Manufacturing EXT - Process real-time MISys transactions using a mobile web-based interface. Works on any tablet, smartphone or web-enabled device.
Built-in Power and Scalability
For maximum performance and scalability, MISys Manufacturing is built on the Microsoft SQL database engine, a 5-user version of which is included in the purchase price. For larger firms, MISys Manufacturing supports hundreds of concurrent users on Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and other ANSI-compliant SQL databases.